Monday, May 18, 2020

Intro

Hello and welcome to the LDS blog


Over the years I have always thought about picking up skateboard. Thing's really picked up during the Covid-19 lockdown. I would always watch skating videos off and on but during the lockdown I was in overdrive. Started watching more how to skate beginner videos and progression videos over the flashy pro videos. That was the push I needed.

Like most people I decided to try something new during the Covid-19 lockdown. For me it was a return to skateboarding. I say return as I did skate for about a month when I was 14 so... 20 some odd years ago.

The board has been ordered and hopefully will be here on Thursday 05/21/2020. My Plan is to video all my skate sessions then post a video and write a new blog reviewing my week of skating. Go over my progression and where I am struggling.

As it says in the mission statement the goal is to at least learn how to Ollie. The hope is I enjoy skating and do it at least an hour a day. Now that I am working from home I find myself going on walks each day. Might as well turn those walks into a skate session. I even have a local skate park so working up to that would be amazing.

Thanks for reading and joining me on my skating adventure. Stay tuned for Pictures and videos on the regular